- It Is Now Cheaper To Rent A Dry Bulk Tanker Than A Ferrari
- A "Perfect Storm Is Coming" Deutsche Warns As Baltic Dry Falls To New Record Low
- "Nothing Is Moving," Baltic Dry Crashes As Insiders Warn "Commerce Has Come To A Halt"
- World's Biggest Containership "Hard Aground" As Baltic Dry Crashes Below 300 For First Time Ever
- The Next Big Leg Lower In The Baltic Dry Is On Deck: 360 New Vessels Are About To Be Delivered
Overnight, the CEO of Dry bulk shipper Golden Ocean Group, Herman Billung spoke before an industry conference in Oslo, and made it clear that our worst-case expectations may prove to be optimistic.
He said that Dry Bulk shippers should expect little respite for another two years, adding that an enormous oversupply of vessels isn’t sustainable: "It's a fair assumption to make that only half of the orderbook in 2016 will be delivered."
He warned that "in the coming months there will be a lot of bankruptcies, counterparty risk will be on everybody's lips."
Read the entire article